Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Historical Note: The Cambridge (Mass.) Park Commission was established in 1892, with a Board of Park Commissioners. Before that, Cambridge only had a few poorly planned and maintained public parks with no public programs. The commissioners hired landscape architect Charles Eliot and his firm, Olmsted, Olmsted, & Eliot to improve the existing parks and plan new ones in poorer, more congested neighborhoods. At the same time the city acquired Donnelly Field in East Cambridge, Rindge Field in...
Dates: ca. 1892-1981