Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection Overview This collection contains materials related to Cambridge Community Television (CCTV) and the processes that led to its creation. It holds two proposals for Cambridge from American Cablesystems and Cable Plus that lay out plans for cable packages, construction, and distribution; the final cable contract between American Cablesystems and Cambridge; and proceeding contract renewals with Mediaone and Comcast. This collection also contains DVDs, ephemera, and paper documents including annual reports,...
Collection Overview This collection contains pamphlets, flyers, newspaper articles, lobbying packets, research on and historical material about immigrant voting rights in Massachusetts, the US and the world. The campaign materials like pamphlets and flyers have been translated into Haitian Creole, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Korean. Immigrant testimony exists in 4 Word Newsletter in the 2003 Lobbying packet and quotes Cambridge residents from the 1994 Voting Rights Forum in the 1994 folder. The brochures...
Collection Overview This collection contains 204 video tapes recorded by Joe Monteiro between 2000-2005. The majority of the tapes were recorded on Digital-8 format. (Tapes #13-29 were recorded in Hi-8 format.) All the tapes have been converted to digital and exist on 78 DVDs, located in Series 4. Joe Monteiro created a detailed catalog of each performance. This catalog is located in Series 5: Ephemera. Each tape has been described using Monteiro's catalog, which includes venue, location, performers,...
Collection Overview This collection contains diaries, articles, publications, notes, notebooks, correspondence, manuscripts, and photographs related to the professional life of Polly Wynn Allen. The collection also contains administrative, financial, and historical files on SeniorsConnect, the non profit organization Allen founded in 1989. (SeniorsConnect was also known as Neighbor Elder Lead, Inc. (NEli) from 199x to 200X, and Neighborhood Housing Partnership, Inc. from 1989 to 1993.) ...
Collection Overview This collection contains the broadsides, cartoons, publications, and poetry of Michael Shapiro. His particular interest is American Yiddish poets from the early twentieth century. These poets include Anna Margolin (b. Rosa Lebensboym), Rachel Korn, Celia Dropkin, and Moishe-Leib Halpern. English translations of the poets are included with the artwork. “Don’t Think I’ve Changed,” by Margolin is from Drunk From the Bitter Truth, translated by Shirley Kumove. “On the Other Side of the Poem,” by...
Collection Overview This collection contains Richard Sobels' research material for his report, "Community/University Housing and Relations: Cases in Cambridge and Other Places," (1975) and his book: The Politics Joint Community and University Housing Development: Cambridge, Boston, and Beyond (2014). The research focuses Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's expansion through real estate and building projects into the city of Cambridge. The collection contains information on the tenant...
Collection Overview This collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, publications, printed materials, and a small amount of photographs and audiovisual materials related to organizations and causes with which Sheli Wortis was actively involved. Because of her deep involvement in these issues, there is a particular emphasis on multicultural and diversity initiatives, as well as early childhood education and literacy.
- Subject: Fliers (printed matter) X
- Cambridge (Mass.) 3
- Cambridge (Mass.). City Council 2
- Cambridge (Mass.). School Committee 2
- American Cablesystems (Firm) 1
- Autumn Uprising Festival of New Improvised Music 1
- Boston Area Women of Electronic Experimental and Improvisatory Music 1
- Cable Plus 1
- Cambridge Community Partnerships for Children 1
- Cambridge Community Television 1
- Cambridge Immigrant Voting Rights Campaign 1
- Cambridge Public Schools (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Public Schools (Cambridge, Mass.). Multicultural Committee 1
- Cambridge Rainbow 1
- Child Care Resource Center (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Comcast Corporation 1
- Dropkin, Celia, 1888-1956 1
- Early Childhood Connection 1
- Early Childhood Education Advisory Council (Mass.) 1
- Erlien, Marla 1
- Fleischmann, Susan 1
- Glanz-Leyeless, A. (Aaron), 1889-1966 1
- Halpern, Moshe Leib, 1886-1932 1
- June (Music Festival) 1
- Korn, Rachel H. (Rachel Häring), 1898-1982 1
- Literacy Curriculum Connections 1
- Margolin, Anna 1
- MediaOne 1
- Monteiro, Joe 1
- Multicultural Project for Communication and Education 1
- Newbury Street Theater 1
- Shapiro, Michael, 1948 October 13- 1
- United States. Delegation to the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, China, September 4-15, 1995 1
- Wortis, Sheli 1
- Zeitgeist Gallery (Cambridge, Mass.) 1 ∧ less