Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection Overview Need to add
Collection Overview The Cambridge Historical Objects comprises items in the Library’s possession before 1962. The items are of a colonial and historic nature, including objects from Cambridge-specific locations and buildings such as the Brewster House, Longfellow Park, Henry Vassal House, the Old Magazine, Longfellow’s Spreading Chestnut Tree, the Washington Elm, and the Oliver Wendell Holmes House. The other objects are of an individual or personal nature originating from parties unknown, such as a cartridge...
Scope and Contents The newspaper was published weekly with special editions published occasionally. The articles include happenings around Cambridge.
Collection Overview This collection contains one manuscript, that of A History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1913. The manuscript includes drafts of chapters 2-11, as well as chapter headings and other writings that were not included in the final publication.
Overview This collection documents a longstanding and active family in Cambridge and various local organizations spanning a period of nearly 150 years. The majority of the collection is comprised of personal papers, legal documents, photographs and ephemera relating to the McCarthy family. Papers include vital records and citizenship certificates of McCarthy family members (1860s-1960s); penmanship books from the late 19th century; personal correspondence; and real estate and income tax documents...
Found in: Cambridge Historical Commission Archives
- Subject: Cambridge (Mass.) -- History X
- Cambridge Room, Cambridge Public Library Archives and Special Collections 5
- Cambridge Historical Commission Archives 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) 3
- Bonislawski, Darleen Gondola, 1948-2015 1
- Cambridge (Mass.). City Council 1
- Cambridge 350th Anniversary Committee (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Latin School 1
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Tribune (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- East Cambridge Catholic Institute and Club (East Cambridge, Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Eliot, Charles W. (Charles William), 1899-1993 1
- Eliot, Samuel A. (Samuel Atkins), 1862-1950 1
- Father Mathew Total Abstinence Society (East Cambridge, Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Knights of Columbus 1
- McCarthy Family 1
- Sacred Heart Church (East Cambridge, Cambridge, Mass.) 1 ∧ less