Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Cambridge Manual Training School/ Rindge Manual Training School/ Rindge Technical School Collection

 Collection
Identifier: CHC020
Abstract Historical Note: The Cambridge Manual Training School for Boys was founded by Frederick Hastings Rindge in September 1888. Between 1888 and 1890, Rindge funded the construction of Cambridge City Hall, the Cambridge Public Library, and the Cambridge Manual Training School. In 1892, the Cambridge English High School moved into a spacious new building on Broadway, developing land that Rindge had presented to Cambridge. The EHS's old building at Broadway and Fayette was remodeled, and the Cambridge...
Dates: c. 1880s-1940s

George “Tubber” White Collection

 Collection
Identifier: CHC046
Abstract This collection includes hockey, football, and baseball team photographs featuring George “Tubber” White during his time at Rindge Technical School and Exeter Academy dating from 1912 to the 1920s. White's athletic exploits at Rindge are also captured in 20 scrapbook pages of newspaper clippings, where he is referred to as George White and “Tubber” White interchangeably. The collection also includes eleven photo postcards featuring members of the North Cambridge semiprofessional baseball team,...
Dates: 1912-1920s

Filtered By

  • Names: Rindge Technical School X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Baseball 1
Football 1
Neighborhood planning 1
School Sports 1
Technical institutes. 1
 
Names
Rindge Manual Training School 1
Rindge, Frederick Hastings, 1857-1905. 1
Shaw, Daniel W., approximately 1823-1883 1