Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection Overview This collection contains one letter and one manuscript, both written by James Russell Lowell. The letter includes a list of selected works by Lowell. The manuscript comprises a draft of Lowell’s essay The Progress of the World.
Collection Overview This collection contains manuscripts, town records, and hand drawn maps relating to Cambridge's early history as collected by Lucius R. Paige. Paige maintained hadwritten mnuscript drafts, correspondence and personal notebooks throughout his research period. Series 1 contains the handwritten manuscript of Paige's book "History of Cambridge, 1630-1877". Each folder contians around 25 pages of his manuscript. The series also contains handwritten copies of county probate files, deeds,...
Dates: 1644-1881; Majority of material found in 1874-1881
- Authors -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 2
- Drafts (documents) 2
- Abolitionists -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) -- Genealogy 1
- City planning -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Clergy -- Massachusetts 1
- Local government -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- London (England) 1
- Massachusetts -- Church History 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Sermons 1
- Texts (documents) 1
- Women Suffrage 1 ∧ less
- Ayer, Clarence Walter, 1862-1913 1
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935 1
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882 1