Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection Overview This collection contains one manuscript, that of A History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1913. The manuscript includes drafts of chapters 2-11, as well as chapter headings and other writings that were not included in the final publication.
Dates: circa 1912
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection Overview This collection contains one letter and one manuscript, both written by James Russell Lowell. The letter includes a list of selected works by Lowell. The manuscript comprises a draft of Lowell’s essay The Progress of the World.
- Clergy -- Massachusetts 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Abolitionists -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) -- History 1
- London (England) 1
- Ayer, Clarence Walter, 1862-1913 1
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Eliot, Samuel A. (Samuel Atkins), 1862-1950 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935 1