Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection Overview This collection contains materials related to Cambridge Community Television (CCTV) and the processes that led to its creation. It holds two proposals for Cambridge from American Cablesystems and Cable Plus that lay out plans for cable packages, construction, and distribution; the final cable contract between American Cablesystems and Cambridge; and proceeding contract renewals with Mediaone and Comcast. This collection also contains DVDs, ephemera, and paper documents including annual reports,...
Collection Overview This collection contains pamphlets, flyers, newspaper articles, lobbying packets, research on and historical material about immigrant voting rights in Massachusetts, the US and the world. The campaign materials like pamphlets and flyers have been translated into Haitian Creole, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Korean. Immigrant testimony exists in 4 Word Newsletter in the 2003 Lobbying packet and quotes Cambridge residents from the 1994 Voting Rights Forum in the 1994 folder. The brochures...
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection Overview This collection contains buttons, t-shirts, magnets, stickers, fliers and brochures that promote various social justice issues and organizations in Cambridge and Massachusetts. Some of these issues and organization include: The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition,the Cambridge Safehouse Network, Lesbian Rights by the National Organization For Women, and the Cambridge Lavender Alliance.
Scope and Contents This collection contains several items from the Cambridge branches of both the Indian Rights Association and the Massachusetts Indian Association. From the IRA is a notebook labeled “Indian Rights Association of Cambridge – Secretary’s Record, March 1885.” This notebook contains notes from the meeting of the branch’s inception, as well as notes from general meetings 1885-1894. These notes make up the first 55 pages. The branch’s constitution and by-laws can be found starting on page 270, and a...
Collection Overview This collection contains journals, pamphlets, and books either written by or published by Eddy Toussaint Tontongi through Trilingual Press. The publications, which include poems, essays, and translations, are bilingual (English/Haitian Creole or French/Haitian Creole) or trilingual (English/French/Haitian Creole) and promote the Haitian Creole language or describe the Haitian Diaspora in the Boston area. The Trilingual Press publishes poetry, novels, essays, and translations.
- Cambridge (Mass.) 4
- American Cablesystems (Firm) 1
- Armstrong, Jessica 1
- Ayer, Clarence Walter, 1862-1913 1
- Cable Plus 1
- Cambridge (Mass.). City Council 1
- Cambridge (Mass.). School Committee 1
- Cambridge Community Television 1
- Cambridge Immigrant Voting Rights Campaign 1
- Cambridge Peace Commission 1
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Rindge & Latin School (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Women's Commission 1
- Comcast Corporation 1
- Erlien, Marla 1
- Farquhar, David, 1871-1955 1
- Farquhar, Pilgrim Robert 1
- Fleischmann, Susan 1
- Guy, Tonton 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935 1
- Indian Rights Association. Cambridge Branch. 1
- Lawrence, William, 1850-1941 1
- Leno, Mary 1
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882 1
- Massachusetts Indian Association. Cambridge Branch. 1
- McKenzie, Alexander, 1830-1914 1
- MediaOne 1
- Palfrey, Sarah Hammond, 1823-1914 1
- Rolfe, W. J. (William James), 1827-1910 1
- Russell, Etta, 1857-? 1
- Tanbou 1
- Tontongi 1
- Toussaint, Eddy (Eddy Pierre) 1
- Trilingual Press 1
- Women's Educational Center 1 ∧ less