Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Collection Overview Need to add
Collection Overview The Alfred Cavileer Jr. correspondence consists mainly of letters written by or to Cavileer while he was serving in the military during World War II. The largest portion of the collection consists of letters written by Cavileer to his mother, Mrs. Alfred Cavileer. Many of the letters are very detailed and provide interesting information about Cavileer’s daily routines, activities, and surroundings. Another frequent correspondent is Cavileer’s brother, Robert. Some letters are addressed to both...
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains the contents of two scrapbooks related to the VFW Isaac W. Taylor Post #2443. The first scrapbook was compiled around 1932 or 1933, recording the events of the year 1932, the first year of the post’s existence. It includes officer lists, voting processes and results, details of post-sponsored events, obituaries, correspondence, and photographs of officers. Also included in the scrapbook were loose pages added at a later date, including a history written around 1945,...
Collection Overview This collection contains one letter and one manuscript, both written by James Russell Lowell. The letter includes a list of selected works by Lowell. The manuscript comprises a draft of Lowell’s essay The Progress of the World.
Collection Overview The Henry M. Nevin correspondence consists of letters, postcards, and V-mail written by or to Nevin while he was serving in the military during World War II. The largest portion of the collection consists of letters and V-mail written by Nevin to his mother, Elizabeth (Mrs. Frederick Nevin). Many of the letters are very detailed and provide interesting information about Nevin’s daily routines, activities, and surroundings. There are about 40 letters and V-mails written by Nevin’s mother to him...
Collection Overview This collection contains manuscripts, town records, and hand drawn maps relating to Cambridge's early history as collected by Lucius R. Paige. Paige maintained hadwritten mnuscript drafts, correspondence and personal notebooks throughout his research period. Series 1 contains the handwritten manuscript of Paige's book "History of Cambridge, 1630-1877". Each folder contians around 25 pages of his manuscript. The series also contains handwritten copies of county probate files, deeds,...
Collection Overview This collection contains Alice Ronchetti's professional documents and photographs. The documents include her Certificate of Librarianship and two letters that document her retirement: one acceptance letter from library Director Joseph G. Sakey and one resolution passed by the Board of Library Trustees.The photographs in this colletion were taken at East Cambridge (now the O'Connell Branch) and Mount Auburn (now the Collins Branch). They depict Alice Ronchetti's work life in the...
- Cambridge (Mass.) 8
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 2
- Armstrong, Jessica 1
- Ayer, Clarence Walter, 1862-1913 1
- Barraclough, James 1
- Bonislawski, Darleen Gondola, 1948-2015 1
- Cambridge (Mass.). City Council 1
- Cambridge Community Partnerships for Children 1
- Cambridge Public Library - Collins Branch 1
- Cambridge Public Library - O'Connell Branch 1
- Cambridge Public Schools (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Cambridge Public Schools (Cambridge, Mass.). Multicultural Committee 1
- Cambridge Rainbow 1
- Cavileer, Jr., Alfred 1
- Child Care Resource Center (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Early Childhood Connection 1
- Early Childhood Education Advisory Council (Mass.) 1
- Farquhar, David, 1871-1955 1
- Farquhar, Pilgrim Robert 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935 1
- Literacy Curriculum Connections 1
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882 1
- Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891 1
- McKenzie, Alexander, 1830-1914 1
- Multicultural Project for Communication and Education 1
- Nevin, Henry M., 1914-1992 1
- Paige, Lucius R. (Lucius Robinson), 1802-1896 1
- Palfrey, Sarah Hammond, 1823-1914 1
- Rolfe, W. J. (William James), 1827-1910 1
- Ronchetti, Alice 1
- Russell, Etta, 1857-? 1
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. Isaac W. Taylor Post 2443. (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Wortis, Sheli 1 ∧ less