Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Collection Overview This collection contains four manuscripts donated to the Cambridge Public Library as part of a Book and Author War Bond Rally. The first three manuscripts are for the following books: Under a Lucky Star (1943) by Roy Chapman Andrews; Cambridge 1815-1915 (1943) by Van Wyck Brooks, made up of passages of his books The Flowering of New England (1936) and New England: Indian Summer (1940); and Saratoga Trunk (1941) by Edna Ferber. The fourth is of the poem Winter Tide (ca. 1940) by Robert Nathan.
Collection Overview This collection contains one manuscript, that of A History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1913. The manuscript includes drafts of chapters 2-11, as well as chapter headings and other writings that were not included in the final publication.
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection Overview The collection contains typescripts of pantoums; notes, draft typescripts, page proofs, and galleys of three published works by Hodges - Serendipity Tales, A Song for Gilgamesh, and The Three Princes of Serendip. It also includes a number of unpublished manuscripts, a small amount of publisher correspondence, several audio recordings, and a photograph of Hodges.
Collection Overview This collection contains one letter and one manuscript, both written by James Russell Lowell. The letter includes a list of selected works by Lowell. The manuscript comprises a draft of Lowell’s essay The Progress of the World.
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Ayer, Clarence Walter, 1862-1913 1
- Books and Authors War Bond Committee (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Brooks, Van Wyck, 1886-1963 1
- Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Eliot, Samuel A. (Samuel Atkins), 1862-1950 1
- Ferber, Edna, 1887-1968 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Hodges, Elizabeth Jamison 1
- Holmes, Oliver Wendell, Jr., 1841-1935 1
- Jewish Community of Cambridge 1
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882 1
- Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891 1
- McKenzie, Alexander, 1830-1914 1
- Nathan, Robert, 1894-1985 1
- Palfrey, Sarah Hammond, 1823-1914 1
- Rolfe, W. J. (William James), 1827-1910 1
- Russell, Etta, 1857-? 1 ∧ less