Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection Overview The Cambridge Historical Objects comprises items in the Library’s possession before 1962. The items are of a colonial and historic nature, including objects from Cambridge-specific locations and buildings such as the Brewster House, Longfellow Park, Henry Vassal House, the Old Magazine, Longfellow’s Spreading Chestnut Tree, the Washington Elm, and the Oliver Wendell Holmes House. The other objects are of an individual or personal nature originating from parties unknown, such as a cartridge...
Collection Overview This collection contains 17 rolls of microfilm and approximately 300 cards of microfiche of various city reports. The bulk of the reports are from 1978 to 1997. Many of the originals of these reports exist and are individually cataloged, accessible through the online catalog. If more than one card exists for each report it is noted in the finding aid.
Collection Overview This collection contains photographs of the Cambridge Public Library taken between 2012 and 2015. The photographs are 11x17 inkjet, color digital prints, printed on a Cannon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II.
Collection Overview This collection comprises letters written to and by Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a manuscript of a portion of his book Cheerful Yesterdays, and pamphlets written by Higginson. The letters include discussion of Higginson's time in England and work with the Cambridge Public Library. The manuscript contains the second chapter of Higginson's memoir, Cheerful Yesterdays, “A Child of the College.” The pamphlets include speeches, sermons, reminiscences, and essays; topics covered include slavery and...
Collection Overview This collection contains the Bicentennial Historic Series (1975-1977), 7 pamphlets covering the history of the Kahagon Lodge and approximately 140 cards of microfiche of the “Cambridge Chatter” (1954-1974), the newsletter of the Boy Scouts of America’s Cambridge Council.
Collection Overview The collection contains organizational records from the Library 21 committee. It includes information on committee members; meeting agenda, minutes, and planning materials; background research and reference materials; media coverage; information on community involvement; and information on various aspects of study, including site selection.
Collection Overview This collection contains Alice Ronchetti's professional documents and photographs. The documents include her Certificate of Librarianship and two letters that document her retirement: one acceptance letter from library Director Joseph G. Sakey and one resolution passed by the Board of Library Trustees.The photographs in this colletion were taken at East Cambridge (now the O'Connell Branch) and Mount Auburn (now the Collins Branch). They depict Alice Ronchetti's work life in the...
- Names: Cambridge Public Library (Cambridge, Mass.) X
- City planning -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 2
- Elm -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Microfiche 2
- Public libraries -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge -- History 2
- 20th century photography 1
- Abolitionists -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Agendas (administrative records) 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 1
- Architecture -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Artifacts (object genre) 1
- Authors -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Black-and-white prints (photographs) 1
- Boy Scouts of America -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Boy Scouts of America -- Periodicals 1
- Branch libraries 1
- Budgets 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) -- History 1
- Certification 1
- Clergy -- Massachusetts 1
- Community organization 1
- Drafts (documents) 1
- East Cambridge (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Environmental impact statements 1
- Financial records 1
- Half-tone blocks 1
- Historic Sites -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Historic buildings -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Housing development -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Invitations 1
- Librarianship and information studies 1
- Libraries and community 1
- Library Buildings -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Local government -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- London (England) 1
- Manuscripts for publication 1
- Microfilm 1
- Minutes (administrative records) 1
- Native American cultures 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Public buildings -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Public librarians 1
- Research notes 1
- Sermons 1
- Tree -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Urban renewal -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- Urban schools -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge 1
- West Cambridge (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Women Suffrage 1 ∧ less