Skip to main content

Cambridge 350th Anniversary Committee Records, 1978-1983

 Collection
Identifier: 025

Dates

  • 1978-1983

Creator

Extent

2.7 Cubic Feet

2.5 Linear Feet

History

According to The Harvard Crimson Cambridge’s 350th Anniversary was a “weekend-long celebration” that began with a re-enactment of its founding in 1630 followed by fireworks, an address from Mayor Francis H. Duehay, and a parade. The Anniversary Committee was formed in 1979 and Charles W. Eliot II was its chair. Charles W. Eliot (1899-1993) was a Harvard University with a Master of Landscape Architecture in 1923. He began his career as the director of National Capital Park and Planning Commission. Eliot’s work was largely in city planning and landscape architecture.

Custodial History

This collection was donated by Charles W. Eliot on April 17, 1984.
Title
Cambridge 350th Anniversary Committee Records, 1978-1983
Status
completed
Author
Christine Di Bella
Date
November 25, 2014
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge Room, Cambridge Public Library Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Cambridge Public Library
449 Broadway
Cambridge MA 02138 USA
617-349-7757